Feline urinary problems are not only a nuisance; they can be life threatening. In order to keep your cat healthy and safe, it is essential that you incorporate preventive treatments into his daily routine.
Here are 10 things you can do as a pet owner to prevent urinary problems in your cat.
1. Feed your cat small meals on a frequent basis to prevent feline urinary tract infections.
2. Feed your cat natural, preservative-free food that is unprocessed. Avoid commercial foods, which contain too many carbohydrates and minerals. These ingredients can alter the pH level of your cat's urine and lead to infection and blockage.
3. Feline urinary problems can be prevented if you provide your cat with plenty of fresh, clean water to drink. Avoid tap water, which contains contaminants like bacteria and toxic chemicals. Give your cat filtered water, which will help your cat flush out all the harmful germs from his urinary tract.
4. Avoid making major changes to your cat's routine if possible because they can cause stress. For example, moving to a new house is a very stressful experience for your cat. Minimize stress during this type of event by allowing your cat to establish his own territory/resting space quickly.
5. Keep your cat's litter box very clean to avoid the accumulation of germs and to make sure it is inviting enough for your cat to empty his bladder there. Holding urine in for too long can lead to urinary problems and your cat will avoid the litter box and hold his urine in if it is too dirty.
6. Give your cat cranberry juice. Cranberry juice acidifies the urine and prevents bacteria from adhering to the lining of the bladder and thus prevents feline urinary tract infections.
7. Try to not have a lot of cats. When cats share their space with many other pets or cats, they feel stressed out and are more susceptible to illness.
8. Give your cat a vitamin C supplement every day. Vitamin C strengthens the immune system and prevents infection by preventing bacteria from adhering to the bladder lining.
9. To prevent feline urinary problems, make sure to spend enough quality time with him each day. Try not to leave him alone a lot. It might sound silly but cats thrive with companionship and get stressed and ill if they do not spend enough time with their owners.
10. Give your cat a homeopathic remedy on a daily basis. Look for a homeopathic formula that contains cantharis and uva ursi, two highly effective urinary tonics. Homeopathic remedies are essential because they maintain a healthy pH level in your cat's urinary tract and strengthen his bladder lining. They also restore balance at a cellular level and keep your cat optimally healthy.
Keep these tips in mind in order to prevent feline urinary problems in your cat. Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to feline urinary issues because of the recurrent nature of the problem. Don't settle for quick fixes and instead focus on curing urinary issues by following these simple preventive tips.