A cat urine odor air purifier is an important and effective tool to have if you are to enjoy your cat and keep your home smelling fresh and clean. With so many purifiers available on the market today, it's often difficult to make a decision without feeling you're making a mistake. Here are 7 features that will help you choose the right purifier for your cat and your family.
1. Effective Filter Choose an air purifier that has a filter that specifically targets cat urine odor. Be sure to read about the filter make-up or call the company for information about it before purchasing. Cat urine is tough stuff to remove, and if a filter, regardless of how well made, is not designed to remove odor, you are still going to have the smell in your home.
2. Long Filter Life Check to see that the filter life is more than 6 months or a year. This will save you time and money (eliminates constant purchasing and changing of filters) but will still remove the odor effectively.
3. High Powered Motor To keep up with the odor, your air needs to be filtered 24 hours a day everyday. This will give you time to find and neutralize your cat's mistakes without suffering a decline in air quality. And unless you are able to find the spot and neutralize it, without the purifier the odor will remain. So the motor needs to be tough enough to run all the time and should be a permanent split capacitor, rated for continuous high RPM (revolutions per minute) and long life duty.
4. Safe Housing Steel casing with a baked on powder coat finish means that your purifier will only produce fresh air as a by-product. Some purifiers that have plastic housing tend to off-gas harmful fumes when the motor heats it up. Also check to make sure that the paint is a lead free paint.
5. 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
So you've done your homework and the purifier you're purchasing seems to be perfect for your situation. Choose a company that offers a 30 day money back guarantee. This will give you a chance to try the purifier in your space with your cat and see if it is effective.
6. Long Term Warranty Make sure the manufacturer of the purifier offers a substantial warranty on both the purifier and the filter. This gives you added protection against part or filter defect.
7. Replacement Filters Readily Available
Make sure that authentic replacement filters are readily available, so that when you need a replacement, ordering a new one is quick and easy.