Search about cats

Urinary Tract Health Cat Food - Questions and Answers

Question - Is there really such a thing as urinary tract health cat food, one that will make a difference to my cat's health?

Answer - It depends on how advanced the disease is, what treatment has taken place up til now, how healthy your cat was before, how old you cat is and so forth. But if you don't try, you'll never know.

Q - So what is the best urinary tract health cat food?

A - You can never go past raw food as the best all round, healthy cat food, for any disease.

Q - My vet tells me that raw meat has worms and parasites which will exacerbate an already ailing cat.

A - Cats have evolved on raw food over millennia. Their digestive system can deal very effectively with any worms or parasites, when they are healthy. When they are not healthy, caution needs to be taken during the change over, to ensure it doesn't become a problem.

Q - I have heard that the best urinary tract health cat food should be a low protein diet. Surely a raw diet is high in protein?

A - Cats have evolved on a high protein diet. I don't believe you should reduce their protein intake. What I believe is at the heart of the problem here is the modern farming methods. The artificial fertilisers that are commonly used today upset the delicate mineral balance in farm animals. Address that and the high protein then isn't a problem.

Q - Why is it so common for cats to develop renal failure?

A - The kidneys are cats weakest link. So getting into the habit of giving your cat the best and healthiest cat food from the start will ensure optimum health and life expectancy.

Q - Is it difficult to work out what the best urinary tract health cat food should be?

A - I've already done it for you, so all you have to do is follow in my footsteps.

Q - Is a good urinary tract health cat food expensive?

A - When I worked out the cost of the best cat food versus the highest priced dried or processed cat food, I found they came out at about the same. And look at the additional bonuses of a healthy cat, so fewer trips to the vet!

Q - Is it time consuming to this prepare diet? I work, so have limited time.

A - Once you've got your head around the concept, it's really easy. Just make the change over slowly, so you and your cat get used to it gradually. I find that's the best way of learning something new and guarantees you'll find it easy to stick to.

Q - What about high ash? I've heard that's not a good thing in cats with ailing kidneys. Shouldn't a good urinary tract health cat food be low in ash?

A - High ash means high mineral levels. Again, I feel that comes down to bad farming methods putting the delicate mineral balance out of whack. Cats need minerals to be healthy, but they need them in a natural, balanced form. Quality, raw food is the best source.

Q - I'm a vegetarian. It would be difficult for me to prepare raw meat.

A - I totally understand your predicament, I am too. But cats need meat, they're true carnivores. So if you want to give your cat the best chance in life, you're going to have to get used to handling raw meat. Or get your partner to.

Written by Madeleine Innocent.
If you liked this article, then I invite you to my download my free report on how to have a healthy cat, starting today. You can also receive my free, weekly ezine on how to improve your health and that of your family, including pets, naturally.
http://www.naturallyhealthycats.com

No comments:

Post a Comment