It's unbelievable how many cats are rushed to the veterinarian in a near-death state due to pet owners not being aware of the early signs and symptoms of feline UTI.
Feline lower urinary tract disease is highly treatable and preventable, making proper home treatment and vigilance extremely important. Here are 7 signs to look out for in your cat so you can spot and treat infections before it's too late.
1. Urinary tract infection will cause urine odor to be foul. Cat UTI can be suspected if your cat's urine smells bad.
2. Feline UTI is more common in female cats but a stone or stones in the urinary tract can cause similar symptoms in a male feline. Blood in the urine is a telltale sign of feline UTIs.
3. Frequent urination is a common symptom of cat UTI but it can also stem from urinary incontinence due to old age.
If your cat is otherwise healthy, behavioral problems may be the cause of your cat's frequent urination.
4. Is your cat drinking more water than usual? Dehydration is one of the first signs of a bladder infection. Make sure to give your cat water that has been filtered. Tap water is full of contaminants that can aggravate urinary infections.
5. Your cat may act lethargic due to urinary infection. Cats that suffer from frequent infections may be susceptible to bacteria invading the urinary tract due to a pH imbalance of the urine. It is important to help your cat develop acidic urine by giving him cranberry juice.
6. Feline UTI may make your cat suffer from painful urination. If you notice your cat straining to urinate with only drops coming out, an infection could very well be the problem.
7. You can almost definitely suspect cat UTI if you notice your cat urinating outside of his litter box. Cats associate the pain of urination with their litter box and therefore avoid it if they are suffering from an infection.
Help in healing your cat's infection by giving him a homeopathic remedy and feeding him raw, unprocessed food. Encourage healthy urine flow and detoxification by giving your cat plenty of fresh, filtered water to drink.
Make no mistake about it. These 7 symptoms are telltale signs of feline UTI. Your kitty's UTIs can be caused by a variety of underlying issues.
To address these issues, give your cat a homeopathic remedy and make the necessary changes to his lifestyle. By doing so, you can help your cat achieve good health and permanent recovery from urinary problems.