Ever wondered if there is a way to prevent feline bladder stones? Bladder stones can be very painful for your cat and even life-threatening if not treated in time. In order to prevent your dear pet from suffering unnecessarily, it's important to take steps in preventive treatment at home.
Cat bladder stones are rock-like accumulations of minerals in the urine. Preventing cat bladder stones is actually quite simple if you follow the 7 simple steps outlined here.
1. To prevent feline bladder stones, don't give your cat commercial cat food. Commercial cat food, especially dry food, contains too much magnesium and can alter the pH level of your cat's urine. Give your cat raw, unprocessed food and home cooked food instead.
2. To acidify the pH level of your cat's urine, give him cranberry juice. Cranberry juice acidifies the urine and urine with an acidic pH level makes it a lot more difficult for bladder stones to form.
3. Give your cat Vitamin C every day. Vitamin C strengthens the immune system and promotes optimal bladder and urinary tract health.
4. If you are interested in preventing cat bladder stones, make sure your cat gets plenty of water to drink. The more water your cat consumes, the less concentrated his urine is, making it more difficult for them to form. You can't force your cat to drink more water so soak his food in water or broth to ensure that he is receiving sufficient fluids.
5. The quality of the water you give your cat is also very important. Don't give your cat tap water because it contains harmful contaminants that can make it difficult for him to detoxify. Instead, give your cat fresh, filtered water.
6. Believe it or not, stress can make it easier for feline bladder stones to form in your cat. If you want to help your cat live a stress-free lifestyle, make sure to spend at least a couple hours of quality time with him each day. Also try to avoid leaving him home alone for extended periods of time.
7. Preventing cat bladder stones is simple and easy if you give your cat a homeopathic remedy every day. Look for a homeopathic remedy that contains cantharis, which is proven to promote healthy urine flow. You can prevent bladder stones in your cat with a mere two doses a day. Homeopathic remedies come in a granular form that can be easily sprinkled into your cat's food or on his tongue.
So there you have it. As with any illness, the best treatment for feline bladder stones is prevention. By following these simple tips, you can prevent your cat from unnecessarily suffering and avoid a visit to the vet altogether.
Laura Ramirez is a passionate researcher of natural remedies which heal disorders and keep pets vibrant and healthy. Find out more about safe, effective ways to maintain your pet's urinary tract health at www.pet-ut-health.com.