Search about cats

Cat Behavior Problem And How You Can Solve It

As a loving and caring cat owner, it concerned me when I found out that my precious kitty had a cat behavior problem. She had a lot of issues and we've worked out most of them. Here are just a few examples of what was wrong with her, and how we fixed it.

My cat suffered from the cat behavior problem of aggression. She would sometimes attack me as we played or while I was petting her. I couldn't understand why. A veterinarian told me that cats take playing too seriously and may become overly aggressive. Once the cat's ears get pinned back and the tail swings stiffer than usual, you know that play time should end before scratches begin. The reason for aggression during petting is unknown, but a common question among owners. The best way to stop this is to pet the cat with treats next to you. When the cat seems to stiffen up or moves around more, give her a treat and she'll calm down. Eventually, the cat will be able to sit in your lap as long as you want without treats.

Another huge cat behavior problem that mine had was the constant meowing and purring. I read up a little and found out that some cats that do it constantly may be sick so I took her to the doctor. The check up went fine, but the veterinarian said I simply had a talkative cat. The only cure for that is ignoring her when she purrs, whereas I used to go and pick her up, adding fuel to the fire. Then after a little bit of ignoring, she finally calmed down...only to have long, loud spurts of purring. I would run into the room and see her sitting by the back door. Since I don't ever let her out, I looked for a solution to this as well. Of all the things I tried, the one that worked the best was opening the curtains for her. Whenever I leave for work, I open the curtains and she just stares outside for hours. After I get home, there are no more loud moans to be let out!

As you can see, a cat behavior problem is very common and also very treatable with just a little bit of elbow grease. I don't think I've ever come across a person who had a kitty too tough for them to handle...and I don't intend to start now!

If you want more information on a cat behavior problem of your own, go to http://www.squidoo.com/catbehaviorproblem/

No comments:

Post a Comment