Caring for your kittens care is a very important thing and there are some things that you will have to learn about the well being of your kittens care. Before you get a cat make sure you educate yourself, there are a lot of cat training books out there (check out my recommendation). Here are some tips that every cat owner should know.
Kittens care tips:
- Choose a litter box that is not to big or to small
- Do not buy cheap dusty litter
- Make sure that there is enough litter in the litter box (use a safe, non-toxic, non-lumping, non-scented litter for now)
- Clean the litter box once a day, preferably after each movement.
- Change the litter every 1 1/2 weeks
- Kittens can use the litter box after 4 weeks old (if you have a mother cat then your kitten will follow its mother)
- Be sure to place the kittens in the box after each meal (take the kittens' paws and rub them in the litter)
- Place the kitten in the box 30 minutes after play or meals.
- Stimulate interest in the litter by stirring it
- Let the kitten jump in and out of the litter ( do not restrain him)
- Place your box in a quiet place, that is not busy
- Cats enjoy batting around cords from hanging blinds (don't allow this because your cat will choke himself)
- Do not leave jewelry around, like earrings or small chains
- Make sure all electric cords are not visible
- Be very careful if you have a lot of plant (a lot of them are poisonous)
- Kittens love to climb and scratch so make sure you cover you furniture
Get a cat training book