Search about cats

Feline Gracefulness vs Models in Catwalk

I'm too sexy for my cat, too sexy for my cat......'Cause I'm a model, you know what I mean, And I do my little turn on the catwalk....

Do you remember the song "I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred which was popular in the 90s? Catwalk and a cat walks. When I was a little girl, I often wonder why models in fashion show always being told demonstrate clothing and accessories in a catwalk.

One day when one of my female cats came towards me, I noticed that she walked very gracefully, feminine, so neat, yet charming and alluring. Just exactly the same as if a model walk in a catwalk. Of course, the history of cats had taken place for centuries before the fashion show with models and catwalk invented. I think that human adopted the way a cat is walking for models in fashion show. It turns out in this matter humans being the copycat of cats' behave.

The hypothetical I had made was proven in one of online dictionary. It says that the term may also be derived from a more literal meaning, as models on the catwalk often use a walk which is exactly like that of a cat, placing one foot directly in front of the other to produce an alluring swagger in which the hips take on a more exaggerated movement. In fashion jargon, "what's on the catwalk" or similar phrasing can refer to whatever is new and popular in fashion.

A catwalk is also known as a runway, especially when it is not elevated, and as such has been used in such instances as the title of the television series Project Runway. Another interesting fact supports the use of catwalk terminology due to cat's performance. Another meaning for catwalk is high walkway, a narrow walkway high above the ground, e.g. along the side of a building or behind the stage in a theatre. For that reason all because cats can walk safely on narrow surfaces. Now the wondering resolved.

Eri Hariono is a blogger on the quest and musing about feline, human and philosophy. Join her ponderings today to gratify your curiosity killed the cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment