Search about cats

Ready to Adopt a Cat - Where to Go to Find One

Are you excited about getting your cat, whether it is your first or you're
twentieth? I am. I get excited each time at the thought of getting a new
cat. They just fill me up with so much joy and love, that I just cannot
help but to get excited about bringing a new one home. We do not have
a lot of cats, but we would have tons of them if we had the room for all
of them.

So, where do you go to get your cat? There are several places you can
go. I would first check with friends and family to see if they know of anyone
who has cats or kittens that need a good home, often times you can get
them for free this way. We received our first kitten, Tiggy, six years ago
from one of my former co-workers. She had found some kittens in her
barn that appeared to have lost their mom. She kept an eye on them to
see if their mom would return, and when she did not return to them, they
were taken in by her. She started to care for them and prepared to find
them a home. I immediately told her that I would take one, as my husband
and I were thinking about getting one. My husband went and picked out
Tiggy and brought her home. A month later we decided to get her a
playmate and returned to get her sister, Cuddles.

You can also check your local animal shelter to see if they have any cats
or kittens that you would be interested in adopting. A fostering family is
another good place to start because they know the cat or kitten's behavior
and can give you a little history about them. A pet store could also have
that precious little bundle of joy that you are looking to bring home. You
can also find your new little kitty online using a pet search service, like Pet
Finder.

I used Pet Finder to search for another cat to fill our home and hearts.
We had just lost Cuddles to an illness and I was ready to find another kitty
to love and share our home with. As I searched Pet Finder I found so many
that we would love to have, and I enjoyed my experience with Pet Finder as
it gave me only the results that I was looking for. I did not get a whole list
of animals in locations that I was not interested in because I created a specific
search and I only received the results of what I wanted. And that is how I
found Leena and Cooper. I just fell in love with Leena and when I saw that
the fostering family was trying to adopt Cooper with her, I didn't have the
heart to separate them. Besides Cooper was just so cute and adorable and
has a comical appearance and personality.

I have found some wonderful companions from friends and by searching Pet
Finder. You will find that perfect kitty companion for you also. Just start looking
and the one that was meant for you will appear.

Sharon Cowherd maintains Caring for Your Cat, a blog about her experiences and knowledge of caring for her cats. You can read more about Sharon and her cats at [http://www.caringforyourcat.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment