Search about cats

To Declaw Or Not to Declaw?

To us humans the easy way often seems to be the only way. Cats have claws right? They scratch furniture, doors and door jams, not to mention the kids, etc. So, just take him or her to the vet and get those claws removed ... simple enough and all the problems are solved ... right? Wrong?

Have you ever accidentally scratched yourself with a fingernail that got a little too long? My wife is always after me about my toenails and threatens to have them removed if I don't trim them often enough.

This research may make you stop and think ...

Scientific journals refer to declawing as "elective mutilation". It is an amputation of the cat's toes comparable to the removal of the human finger at the first knuckle.

It handicaps the cat physically, socially and psychologically for the rest of its life, predisposing the cat to certain temperament and behavior problems such as shyness, biting and litter box avoidance. No wonder your clawless wonder won't use that expensive litter box...even your terrific Omega Paw Self-Cleaning litter box.

It's a bit of a problem, but the solution is really not all that difficult ...

By regularly trimming your cat's nails and offering a suitable scratching target you are providing a natural outlet for a normal, healthy behavior and you will be rewarded with a content and confident companion. There are many scratching posts, scratching pads and couch scratch protectors on the market that will transform that scratching kitty into the wonderful pet you have loved.

Married with two children age 22 and 13 and two beautiful pets, I have been a pastor for over 30 years. Since 2005, I have been working online to develop a secondary income due to the onset of a progressive disability that at this time has rendered me unable to stand or walk on my own and forced me to resign my life-long profession.

I have been blessed to find a way to secure my family's financial future and hope that you purchase with confidence on any of my Sites. It is my desire to provide you excellent products at affordable prices.

http://nicedogshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment