Search about cats

Adventures With JD

I'm not a cat person. I'm the first to admit it. I'm not sure whether this is because of the cat we had while I was growing up was temperamental (to say the least), or because I can't stand the smell of kitty litter and three week old urine that consumes the houses' of people who obviously have no problem living with the stench.

After living without a cat for several years, my mother decided it was time for a new cat. We have only had female cats in the past, so she decided to get a male cat. My father had two conditions: 1) he had to be the cutest kitten in the whole wide world (or he'd be taken back) and 2) he was to be strictly an inside cat. I believe the aforesaid childhood cat had an affect on my father as well...

All said and done, Mum brought home this little hairball of a kitten. From day one JD has been unlike any cat I have ever seen. And it's not just me who thinks this - everyone who has ever met him agrees. Since he was first brought into the house, JD despised kitty litter. He'd screw up his face when forced to use the litter box, and even went as far as to do his business beside the litter box - when he thought he'd get away with it. After watching everybody else use the bathroom he got it in his mind to teach himself to use the toilet. After a slight mishap where he fell into the toilet when the seat was left up (he's been scared of it ever since), he now uses the bathtub and we best of all - no stench.

As I said before, I'm not a cat person, but I couldn't imagine life without JD. I honestly don't think he thinks of himself as a cat. I think he believes himself to be my mothers' baby. He drapes himself over her shoulder akin to that of a baby that you are trying to burp. He curls himself up on her chest to sleep and runs to her for protection when he gets into trouble with someone else in the house.

It's hilarious watching him "playing" with my younger brother - right down to watching the idea pop into his little head and observing him set up whatever game he has decided to play with him.

One thing is for sure - life would be dull without this little hairball.

This article has been submitted in affiliation with http://www.PetLovers.Com/ which is a site for Pets. You can view more of Chyna's work at Chyna's Articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment